20th of March 2020 Observer 12.1 released.
Observer 12.1 is a new version of the @ptitude Observer platform which contains several new and exciting features.
New - Protean diagnostics added more standard
4th of October 2019 Observer 12.0 is released.
Observer 12.0 is
a new version of the @ptitude Observer platform which contains
several new and exciting features.
New - Support for wireless data collecting with IMx-1
The major new functionality in the SKF @ptitude Observer 12 Platform is the ability to collect data with wireless sensors through the SKF Enlight Collect IMx-1 system.
New - Possibility to
create and fine tune Protean diagnosis rules
New - Phoenix API
New - Other
1st of January 2019 Observer 11.0 is released.
The SKF @ptitude
Observer 11.0 is released with the release of the IMx-16Plus
HW, IMx-Rail HW and SKF Multilog IMx Firmware 7.0.
It supports the
capabilities of the IMx-16Plus, IMx-Rail and the improved
functionality of the IMx Firmware 7.0.
The SKF Multilog
IMx Firmware 7.0 can be used on any of the IMx variants
including legacy devices (IMx-S, C, B, P, W, T) and
New - Enhanced Modbus
Track Monitoring functionality
New - Other
15th of June 2018 Observer 10.5 is released.
Observer 10.5 is a new version of the @ptitude Observer platform which contains several new and exciting features.
New - Protean diagnoses
New - Phoenix Web Service
New - Enhanced command window for IMx
New - Bearing database updated
New - Observer monitor service performance enhancements
New - Other
14th of March 2017 Observer 10.2 is released.
Observer 10.2 is a new version of the @ptitude Observer platform which contains several new and exciting features.
New - IMx-8 Device support
9th of December 2015 Observer 10.1 is released.
Observer 10.1 is a new version of the @ptitude Observer platform which contains several new and exciting features.
· New - Event Capture capabilities
o The new continuous time waveform collection capability, called “Event Capture,” can be used to investigate very low mechanical/main bearing and high-frequency electrical/generator/planetary stages oscillations in the time wave forms.
o This feature enables captures of long-time waveforms.
o The duration of the long-time waveform can be configured based on the number of seconds to store before and after an event in pre/post event durations.
o Event Capture can be configured to be triggered by any of the following:
o The Event Capture file can be exported to an UFF file by “Export” button for more detailed analysis based on measurement channels selected to export and save.
o New Post Processing capabilities in SKF @ptitude Observer calculates spectra and 3D (waterfall plot) based on user-selectable bands from a stored Event Capture wave form.
o A single cursor can be added in the Spectra as well as the DiagX feature to the active frequency in the spectra. Fault frequencies from the Machine parts are available also.
o The 3D plot will show spectra graphs taken from successive measurement values in an Event Capture time waveform.
o New user views show the thumbnail images that summarize the Event Captures for each measurement point.· New - Multiple Gating Points (MGP) added to the Trend Based Point setup window
This measurement point can reference values from up to five other points and then perform a logical evaluation on the current measurements to determine if the IMx will take measurements or not. Each reference Point has two distinct gating conditions (Operating class 1, or Operating class 2) with the output of the Point being determined by which set of the two gating conditions is set TRUE. These reference measurements can include: Process, Speed and Digital parameters.
· New – User login/logout logging – Through Database/Users menu.
· New – View of current users logged into the system – User selects the tool-strip button in the lower right portion of the tool strip bar.
· New – Now users can easily switch language – No need to use the .ini procedure, simple drop down menu selection created at login.
· New – Update to Machine Parts to select Inner/Outer race rotating ring - When creating bearings in the machine parts window, it is now possible to select which race is rotating. This will affect the calculation of the case fault frequency and diagnosis.
· New – Order tracking points - Order tracking points show the order corresponding to the selected order analysis shaft.
· New – Process Overview Enhancements - possible to edit the foreground and background colors of the labels and also the size of the status icon. Also for a process viewer user it is possible now to right click and logoff to change user right from the process view.
· New – Process settings now saved per user - The User preferences dialog has a new “Auto save graph settings for” option with two settings:
o “Everyone” – This is the old behavior, and is set as the default.
o “Just me” – If a user chooses this option, their settings are saved under their user ID
· New– Network time protocol via SNTP time synchronization
o It is possible to change the NTP server IP address from @ptitude Observer Monitor to another NTP server.
o On Menu Database/Options/Thresholds tab, users can now configure the adjustment threshold and the time-out threshold for the NTP service.
o The software will create an alarm if the adjustment done between the IMx time and the NTP server time exceeds the threshold with events created in the Event Log and in the System alarm window.
o The software will create an alarm if the IMx cannot communicate with the NTP server after defined time out threshold, with events created in the Event Log and in the System alarm window.
· General stability and performance improvements.
· A defect related to the APC wizard that assigned the wrong sensitivity factor and measurement units when a protection measurement point was configured to do integration.
23rd of July 2015 Observer 10.0 is released.
Observer 10.0 is a new version of the @ptitude Observer platform which contains several new and exciting features.
· New – Pre-Post alarm event data; Alarm triggered storage of high resolution data buffers
· New – Transient data; Simplified transient setup, industry standard event triggering and data capture scheme, greatly improved performance, ‘Quick select’ feature for the three most recent transient events
· New – POINT Creation Wizard (APC Wizard) allows the user to automatically create Condition Monitoring POINTs based on protection configuration. (Harmonic, Shaft Centerline and Speed point types.)
· New – Critical System Alarms section in the system alarm list highlights the critical alarms for more efficient system alarm management
· New – Protection system tab allows rack/monitor Disarm, Alarm reset and Peak speed reset via LAN
· New – Protection system user configuration change log
· New – 10 band vibration point
· New – Independently configurable dynamic data resolutions (time wave/spectrum) in Steady State and Transient modes
· New – Full Spectrum, provides the spectrum data from two orthogonally mounted displacement sensors in a dual channel POINT. The following plots incorporate Full Spectrum features; Spectrum, Phase, History, Topology and 3D Plot
· New – Enhanced Shaft Center Line (SCL) POINT cold gap configuration
· New – More intuitive Run-out Compensation function. Now run out data is stored in sets and configured by capturing live data for the entire machine at the same time
· New – Configurable cable fault value
· New – Feature for turning off cable fault to allow display of the actual measured value with cable fault present
· New – SMTP Server Enhancements (SSL on/off, SMTP Port)
· New – Order Tracking feature for dynamic and time waveform analysis POINTs
· New – Selectable Shaft Cycle time in Orbit allows selection between Tachometer Shaft, Order analysis shaft and Custom Speed
· New – A new hierarchy icon is introduced to indicate “Unknown” Status for cases when the system is unable to determine the condition of the machine. This is the new default status for newly created measurement POINTs.
· New – SKF Multilog IMx-M Manager protection configuration program designed for efficient setup of large monitoring systems, features include; Standalone execution with no relational database requirement, Links to SKF @ptitude Observer, Protection rack configuration via LAN, PIN based system security, Site Acceptance Test report function, Configuration import via Excel I/O list, Live data mode for installation verification and troubleshooting.
· New – Rod drop monitoring per API 670 standard (Triggered/Average modes) Greatly enhanced filtering options; Preset ranges and User configurable
· New – User protection configuration change log
· New – Temperature channel features; Sensor fail options (High/Low scale or measured value), Channel pair Temperature difference measurement
· New – Peak speed detection and storage
· New – Measurement alarms; GAP, Analog input, Speed, Rod Drop (X/Y), Compl. Differential expansion (A/B), Shaft absolute vibration (D/V), Temp difference (1/2)
· New – User selectable engineering units for analog inputs (4 to 20 mA/ 0 to 10 V)
· New – Rack and module labeling solution, front and rear
· New – Standard and coherent Rack and modules naming conventions
· New – Rack Internal temperature monitoring
· New – Rack module extraction mechanism
· New – DNS support
· New – Improved and more robust module Hot Swap capability
· New – Enhanced rack keypad security via PIN
1 5th of April 2014 Observer 9.1 is released.
Observer 9.1 is a new version of the @ptitude Observer platform which contains several new and exciting features. Please note that in this version support for using Oracle databases has been dropped.
· New - It is now possible to use SKF Acceleration Enveloping for order tracking measurement points in IMx
· New - A simplified user interface has been added for setup of Transient measurements
· New - AEE has now been added as engineering unit and measurement points and incorporated to diagnoses.
· New - Measurement point settings have been reorganized to make the user interface of measurement point setup more user-friendly.
· New - It is now possible to use “[SidebandPart1]” as diagnostic title when creating diagnostic rules. This gives the possibility to have automatically extended titles when attaching diagnoses.
· New - System alarms are generated if the maximum number of measurement points for an IMx has exceeded.
· New - Possibility to use SQL Server replication has been tested and routines for this have been added.
· New - IMx devices have now a possibility to set user defined end frequencies for the frequency range.
· New - Alarm events are now included in the export and import routines.
· New - Support for IMx-B device has been added. The setup of Shaft centerline point is now more intuitive.
· New - Spectra data can now be calculated directly from time waveform. This means that there is no need for storing FFT data if no averaging is done in frequency domain.
· New - Alarm schedules have been added to measurement point setup to make the system possible to store more data when in alarm.
· New - The transient measurements can now have lower resolution than the measurements taken at operating speed.
· New - This will make the system faster when in transients.
· New - Sector alarms have been added as an option to the circle alarm for vector monitoring.
· New - Multi-channel measurement points now have separate trend values and alarm levels for each sensor.
· New - Interface to IMx-M Protection has been extended.
· New - Custom bands have been added to IMx vibration measurement point types.
· New - A possibility to take more data before and after an alarm has been added. This feature is called Pre/Post data capture.
· New - Diagram boxes functionality has been added.
· New - Support for Microlog FW version 4 has been added.
· -New time zone handling.
· -Attachment's names can be longer.
· -Path and machine name are now shown in the System log.
· -Number of decimals in the phase plot is now a user preference.
· -Tooltip functionality has been added to the trend plot.
· -Title and subtitles can now be added to screen printouts.
· -It is possible to disable alarms but keep the alarm level.
· -SQL Server 2012 is now available on the installation DVD.
· -Auto refresh functionality has been added to the Event log.
· -Transient classifications have been improved.
18th of December 2013 IMx Firmware 2.0 released.
· Please note! This update applies to IMx models IMx-S, IMx-P, IMx-T, and IMx-C.
15th of February 2013 IMx Firmware 1.1 released.
· Please note! This update applies to all IMx models including IMx-M, IMx-S, IMx-P, IMx-T, IMx-W and IMx-R.